Sunday, March 19, 2006

recovery from Barnet


I was on way to the classic car show at Alexandra Palace. WYL was doing well but as we passed through New Barnet the passenger side rear wheel fell off. Just look at that white track cut into the road surface.


I got help after calling out the recovery which is included with the car insurance. First time I have tried and all went well. Have a few days holiday coming up and had thought I would get to do some of the back log of work on WYL but will have to sort the back end first. Looks to be little damage other than the drum being rubbed down a bit whilst it was running along the road. Have lost three wheel nuts. Will check out the bearing may have been bashed up by the sudden impact.

1 comment:

  1. David Witham10:05 pm

    You know wheels can come off small Triumphs because you were in Dermot's Herald when the same happened!!

    ReplyDelete

Please sign your comments with your name and email address. Generally I do not publish anonymous comments and cannot reply if you do not give me a clue as to who you are!

Thanks very much for your comment.