Saturday, November 10, 2007

J -type Overdrive - to be sorted + NEC show

I have been driving with a overdrive that stops working as the car warms up. Have done the easy checks - the oil level is fine. Had resigned myself to spending quite a bit of money on a recon. Well on my way to the NEC show I dropped in at Canley Classics and Dave Pearson talked me into a money saving idea - just try fitting a new solenoid. Great idea if it works and even it does not the money will not have been wasted as a new solenoid would be a part of a recon job on the whole unit.


And so onto the NEC. Friday is more expensive that Saturday and Sunday plus it much easier to see the cars. As always my Vitesse was one of very few classics in the car park. I wonder how many of the crowds at the show actually ever drive their classics or do they even have a classic back home at all.


Here are some pictures.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments with your name and email address. Generally I do not publish anonymous comments and cannot reply if you do not give me a clue as to who you are!

Thanks very much for your comment.