Sunday, March 05, 2017

Frank Grounds Ltd -Triumph Car Dealers 23B

This article in my series about Triumph car dealers features Birmingham dealer Frank Grounds Ltd.

Frank Ground Ltd letterhead
Frank Ground Ltd letterhead
Frank Ground Ltd, 186-88 Lichfield Road, Aston, Birmingham which I am told it is near the Aston railway station.  Listed in both the 1955 and 1959 Standard Triumph dealer directories.
Frank Grounds Motor Services
Frank Grounds Motor Services Lichfield Road
Long established as coach builders and hauliers the company started out in 1894. The firm had showrooms on Lichfield Road from which they sold many makes over the years including Morris, Morris Commercial, Hillman, MG, Standard, Wolseley and Ford. They also had bodybuilding, trimming, painting and repair departments.

Standard Vanguard estate
Standard Vanguard phase 1 estate
Standard Vanguard Pick Up by Frank Grounds
Standard Vanguard Pick Up by Frank Grounds

Plea for information

If you have any more information or recollections about this garage, photos of window stickers, dealer badges or sill plates etc please let me know.  I can be contacted via the comments to this post or on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/stephen.weblin

Further information and sources

Link to a post about All Electric Garage .

Link to my post about P J Evans Ltd

Link to post about Cranmore Bros Ltd

Link to the other articles in this series.

Link to my Triumph Car Dealers Flickr gallery of images I have found on Flickr.

I have a collection of Standard Triumph car dealer directories: http://vitessesteve.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/triumph-car-dealer-directories.html

Picture credits: All pictures including the Frank Ground Ltd letterhead are from Robert Grounds on flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please sign your comments with your name and email address. Generally I do not publish anonymous comments and cannot reply if you do not give me a clue as to who you are!

Thanks very much for your comment.